Presslabs invoicing and payments
We use a pretty simple invoicing model that is very similar with any utility billing (electricity, gas, etc.). Here's how we invoice our customers:
- we have a base package with a fixed monthly fee. This is the
subscriptionthat covers the type of services that you're using. The monthly subscription is always charged in advance, meaning at the beginning of each month you're paying the subscription for the whole month.
- on top of the subscription, we're charging the number of page views that your site had in the previous month. Page views are charged after being "used", therefore they will show up on the beginning of each month for the month that has just passed.
When is the invoice being issued?
We use a system that consists of issuing first a
proforma invoice, followed by the actual
VAT invoice that is issued after the payment of the proforma has been confirmed by our payment gateway. The proforma invoices are usually issued on the first day of each month and no later than the 5th of the month. The payment term is 5 days from the issue date.
What will I see on the first invoice?
The first invoice after joining Presslabs will contain:
- the subscription for the part of the month since you joined until the end of it. This is usually less than a month unless you joined exactly on the 1st of the month
- the subscription for a full month in advance, for the upcoming month
- the pageviews for the previous part of the month since you joined
In some cases we might ask for an advanced payment before migrating your site over to Presslabs.
When do you charge VAT?
According with European Union regulations, we are charging VAT for all EU citizens and also for all EU business entities that don't have a valid VAT number (we check it on VIES). Companies based in Romania will always be charged VAT.
All other customers from outside the European Union are not charged VAT.
How can I pay the invoice?
We accept PayPal and major credit and debit cards through Braintree. After signing up you need to setup a payment profile in our dashboard, in the Payments section. All proforma invoices will be deducted from your chosen payment method automatically right after being issued.
What happens if my payment method fails?
In case we can't charge your payment profile you'll get a notification e-mail and you have 5 days to update or change your payment method for clearing the proforma invoice. In case the payment isn't cleared by the 10th of the month, our system will suspend the access to
wp-admin for your site. By the 15th of the month your public site will also be suspended and by the end of the month all data associated with your account will be removed if the payment isn't completed.
Please let us know at email@example.com if you face difficulties in paying your invoice and we'll find together a proper solution for all parties.